Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year, Same Mission!




Happy New Year! 

I am looking forward to some exciting changes to come with Get Off the Pharm. As each new year comes to an end and we look forward to new beginnings, we tend to evaluate our successes and failures and make plans to improve ourselves or circumstances for the coming year. During my time of reflection and planning, I realized that I had slightly gotten away from the mission of Get Off the Pharm - "to encourage, engage, equip and empower pharmaceutical sales professionals who have been displaced and/or are searching for career alternatives."  Unfortunately, I got sidetracked by my desire to make money instead of remaining true to my original desire to help others by sharing my story and the stories of others who had successfully made it off the pharm, as well as offering advice on how to successfully transition out of pharmaceutical sales into a new career or business.  

So, in case you haven't already noticed, I have removed the Events page of the blog that was designed to advertise fee-based webinars and the Services page where I offered one-on-one consulting services.  I am making the transition to a new blog format that will offer completely free advice, information and resources AND I am excited to introduce it to you in due time.  In the meantime, I am looking for former pharmaceutical sales reps who have successfully transitioned into a new career or started a new business.  Please email your "success story" to GetOffthePharm@gmail.com and I will respond with next steps.  Finally, please comment below with the type of content and specific topics you would like to see addressed on this blog.   This blog was originally designed to be a community and a community we will be.   



Until then, 

Get Off the Pharm




com·mu·ni·ty
kəˈmyo͞onədē/
noun
  1. 1
    a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.

  2. 2
    a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.




No comments:

Post a Comment